About CARN / ACIR
The Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Nurses’ mission is to:
- Represent nurses caring for Canadians facing life altering health situations throughout their lifespan;
- Promote and advance the art, science, and practice of professional rehabilitation nursing practice through education, advocacy, collaboration, and research to enhance the health and quality of life of Canadians with chronic illness, disability, frailty, and aging.
The Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Nurses’ objectives are:
- To promote the highest standard of practice in rehabilitation nursing;
- To participate in initiatives which support the needs of Canadians facing life altering health situation (ex: disabilities, chronic illnesses);
- To promote the national specialty certification of rehabilitation nurses in Canada;
- To promote rehabilitation nursing research and facilitate the exchange of knowledge;
- To provide and promote networking opportunities for Registered Nurses who are engaged in the practice of rehabilitation nursing;
- To express the views of the Association to all appropriate groups (government, education, professional, and others as needed).